The Yuva Vigyani Karyakram (YUVIKA) or Young Scientist Program of the Indian Space Research Organisation is a special programme with the goal of imparting fundamental information on space technology, space science, and space applications to young students, particularly in rural regions.
It also hopes to provide a platform that promotes more students to pursue research and professions in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Things to know:
- As of March 1, 2022, this is a two-week residential programme for pupils in Class 9.
- Invited speeches, experience sharing by famous scientists, experimental demonstrations, lab visits, special sessions for expert discussions, practical and feedback sessions are all part of the programme.
- Applicants must be Indian students attending a school inside the country’s borders.
- A total of 150 students will be chosen for the programme, with a minimum of one student from each state or union territory participating.
- The selection will be based on grades in Class 8, participation in the scientific fair, scout and guide membership, NCC/ NSS membership, science competition victories, and an online quiz, all of which occurred during the last three years.
- Special consideration will be given to students who attend a school in the panchayat area.
- On completion of the training, students would be sent to the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- ISRO will cover all expenses, including travel, housing, and boarding.
- One parent or guardian will be given with travel expenses.
- Between May 16 and 28, 2022, the programme will take place.
- For more details, go through the official website.
How to apply:
- Fill out the official registration form.
- Within 48 hours of registration appear for the online quiz after carefully reading the instructions.
- After 60 minutes from quiz submission, log in to the YUVIKA portal and fill in the required information.
- Prior to the last date, upload all documents.
- Opening date of application – 10 March 2022, 10.30 am
- Last date for submitting an application – 10 April 2022, 4 pm
- Announcement of provisional selection list – 20 April 2022
In case of queries, write to email@example.com.